We held the third part of our Introduction to Astro-imaging course this evening via Zoom and YouTube.
This is the third part of the 4th step in our 4-Steps programme. The third part covered hi-res lunar, solar and planetary imaging capture and processing techniques. You can watch the video of the session on our YouTube channel, and also embedded below.
The software we used and mentioned were:
- Adobe Lightroom (£) – one of the best image editors
- FireCapture (free) – probably the best capture app for lunar & planetary. Currently works on Mac for some makes of camera (QHY and ZWO).
- SharpCap (free) – Also very good capture app
- AutoStakkert (free) – the easiest and best for stacking videos
- MS ICE (free) – Image Composite Editor, for mosaics
- Registax (free) – planetary wavelets sharpening, also stacking