This message was emailed to all members of the Society.
Dear Members of the Astronomical Society of Edinburgh
A message from the ASE Council on our response to the Covid-19 public health emergency. We would ask that you take time to read it.
Covid-19 presents a unique challenge, not only to each of us and our families, but to the Society and its operations. A challenge which the constitution and rules of the Society could never have foreseen or be expected to deal with. Therefore, the Council has decided to take a series of actions to help the Society get past this emergency and back to normal operations. In summary, they are:-
- All physical ASE meetings and events are postponed until further notice.
- The ASE will seek to hold Society meetings online – with an initial test meeting this coming Friday 27 Match at 7:30pm. A message for more details and further information on this will be emailed to you shortly.
- We will keep the ASE Website updated with information on how we will operate during this period, and how you can take part.
- The Annual General Meeting, originally set for 5 June, is postponed until later in 2020.
- In order to keep the Society operating and we can continue to serve members, the current Council will also remain in place until the public health emergency is over and an AGM can be held.
More details on these decisions and how we are liaising with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator to deal with this unique situation are available on the Members Section of the ASE website.
We are writing directly, via post, to those members who do not use email/internet to keep them informed of developments.
If you have any immediate questions, please email the Council using the contact form on the website.