We had a fantastic talk by Grant Miller, Zooniverse Project Manager at the University of Oxford. Grant gave a run-down of the history of the project and Planet Hunters in particular.
Also at the meeting:
- Horst described the highlights of the night sky in February
- Andrew shared dates for our 4-Steps programme: Navigating the Night Sky on 18 Feb and Telescope Help Shop on 29 Feb, the latter being sold out.
- We put out a request for anyone with skills and interest in sharing astronomy with young people. We regularly get requests for help and it is something we definitely want to do.
- Jim Nisbet updated us on our Light Pollution discussions and policy development.
- Peter Black updated the meeting on the Strategy Development Workshop second meeting.
- Andrew gave on overview of topics that had caught his attention in astronomy and space.
- Hugh Somerville gave a short presentation on various space topics, hardly mentioning Iridium satellites at all.