November 2019 meeting report
Thank you to Matjaz Vidmar from the Royal Observatory Edinburgh for a very interesting and informative talk. I don’t think many of us knew just how advanced the Scottish space industry is.
Also at the meeting:
- President Andrew Farrow welcomed 1 new member to the Society.
- An update on subscriptions (due on the 1 October) which will increase from 1 Jan 2020.
- Alan Pickup presented the Sky in November.
- We have more of our 4-Steps to the Stars programme events planned. Another Telescope Help Shop will be held in February 2020 – probably 29 Feb.
- Mark Phillips updated us on progress with the Cooke telescope.
- We hope to show the transit of Mercury through our solar scopes on Calton Hill on 11 November, weather permitting.
- Peter Black gave an update on the Imaging Group, which had a record turnout last month.
- Another visit to the University of St Andrews Observatory is planned, sometime in 2020 now.
- Jim Nisbet had recommended a couple of exhibitions in London:
- Andrew gave on overview of topics that had caught his attention in astronomy and space.
- After the main meeting was over, we held an SGM to approve a change to the Constitution concerning people joining the Society. This was passed by a majority.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!