We’ve been asked for a few Gift Memberships recently so now we offer them as part of our membership options.
If you would like to buy a Gift Membership for someone, please get in touch.
The process is:
- get in touch to request a Gift Membership
- we will pass on payment details
- once payment has been received we will issue a Gift Certificate via email
- you can print that out and pass on as a gift
- the receiver should then fill out a membership form (see Membership page) and send it, along with the certificate, to the Treasurer
- or they can present it at one of our monthly meetings
All memberships are subject to accepting the Society’s Constitution and being elected by the Council.
Here are some of the benefits of membership:
- attend all meetings of the Society as well as the ordinary meetings
- be part of the Imaging Group and attend their meetings
- vote at the AGM and any Special Meetings that may be called
- take part in events organised by the society
- make short members presentations at ordinary meetings if desired
- be involved in any group observing sessions that may be organised
- get help and support from experienced amateur and professional astronomers
- access the member only area of the website
- borrow Society equipment when available
- access the Society library of books
- apply to become a Council member after 1 year of membership
We are a Society that is run by its members for its members, so this is not the same as a gift company would provide. Being a member allows you take part in whatever is going on and contribute to the Society.