At the recent Member’s Evening on 3 November 2017, Mark Phillips gave a presentation about his experience of astro imaging.
Here is a link to the Prezi presentation (use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to navigate):
Astro imaging is a large topic so the presentation covers, at a general level, the sorts of imaging that I do with my own equipment. It describes the techniques, software and equipment I use, and shows some of the results. I hope it will be an encouragement to others to try astro imaging maybe for the first time or maybe to get back into it again.
You can see more of my images and projects on my astronomy website: http://www.forthimage.co.uk/
Here are some links to the software mentioned in the presentation:
- Cartes du Ciel: https://www.ap-i.net/skychart/en/start
- EQMOD: http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/
- Astrophotography Tool (APT): https://www.ideiki.com/astro/Default.aspx
- PHD Guiding 2: https://openphdguiding.org/
- ASCOM: https://ascom-standards.org/
- FireCapture: http://www.firecapture.de/
- Deep Sky Stacker: http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/index.html
- Autostakkert: https://www.autostakkert.com/
- Registax: http://www.astronomie.be/registax/
- Microsoft ICE: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/computational-photography-applications/image-composite-editor/